Monday, March 20, 2006

Conscious relationships - An experience of intimacy

Harbans, Tracy and I feel very moved by the experience of the seminar that finished last Sunday night ( 12 March). With all the planning and hard work that go into creating optimal conditions for the sort of experience we know to be possible, it still comes down to whatever it is that everyone brings with them into the seminar room. We described it as an invitation to a banquet. The preparation of the food, as well as the cleaning and tidying and so on are a labour of love. The invitation goes out with a certain intention. Our intention was for you to have a certain kind of experience, a special kind of feeling. It is also a part of our intention that the food is nourishing as well as being merely enjoyable. The rest is up to those who accept the invitation.

It seems to us that everyone who accepted our invitation enjoyed the meal and received nourishment from it. It was tangible and the feedback we received nourished us in turn. As we see it, we all hunger for love, we all hunger for connection. It seems to require no more than a willingness to try something a little different from the norm to have such an experience. Why then is it so rare in the "real world"?

In my original attempt to describe the experience of the seminar - which I wrote the day after, on Monday, 13th - I tried to articulate what I felt had taken place, at the spiritual level, as each person attending connected with that special place inside themselves that enabled them to connect with that special place inside the others. The feedback from Harbans was that, in putting it into words, I was detracting from the experience. So I have deleted it. She is right. Some things are meant to be experienced, not talked about. I do, however, speak for all three of us (Harbans, Tracy and myself) when I say that it was a very special time for us, too. Thank you for allowing us to share this part of your journey.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home